March 26, 2019
8:55 amChairman’s Opening RemarksAaron Boasman-Patel,VP AI & Customer Experience, TM Forum
- Business case for change
9:00 amOpening CXO Keynote PANEL: Will the promise of automation and intelligence really deliver the network requirements of tomorrow?Aaron Boasman-Patel,VP AI & Customer Experience, TM ForumIbrahim Gedeon,CTO, TelusChristian Maitre,Director Global Operations Transformation, Orange GroupNeil McRae,Managing Director & Chief Architect, BT
- What is your vision for the network of the future?
- How are SDN, NFV, AI, IoT and 5G driving the network of the future?
- What are the key requirements for future networks?
- What are the future network requirements for the Networking of Everything, i.e. the delivery of IoT services?
- How important is operations automation for the success of tomorrow’s network?
- How do you keep investments in advanced software-driven, high-speed and high-capacity networks under control?
- How can AI technology support the evolution to automatic, self-healing and self-optimizing networks?
9:45 amKeynote: Autonomous network for carrier’s digital transformationDr. Haiping Che,Senior Vice President, Chief Digital Transformation Officer, Huawei Technologies
- Why network architecture innovation is a necessity for networks of the future
- Incorporating AI to empower digital transformation for operational efficiency, customer experience and service innovation
- Defining the future of network evolution and business transformation with the autonomous network
- Enabling new business models with the autonomous network: rethinking partnerships, collaboration & ecosystem
- Cooperation & collaboration to achieve industry consensus for the autonomous network
10:15 amThe 5G challenge: What new opportunities are there for telcos by deploying intelligent networks?Matt Beal,Director, Technology Strategy & Architecture, Vodafone Group
- Is there more to 5G than just the autonomous vehicle and more connection?
- Understanding the business case for change – what new use cases are there for intelligent network and services – moving beyond the consumer to the enterprise
- Creating a platform business to open up and address new markets
- What implications do these new services have on the network?
10:45 amMorning Refreshments and Networking
- FUTURE NETWORKS – VISION, TECHNOLOGY AND STRATEGY
11:15 amPANEL Discussion: Is AI really the game changer for networks?Anil Rao,Principal Analyst, Analysys MasonMatteo Gatta,Director Technology Strategy & Innovation, ProximusMostafa Essa,RAN AI and Data Analytics Distinguished Engineer, Vodafone Egypt,Chair POC Rapporteurs ENI (Experimental Network Intelligence) ISG, ETSI,Chair FGML5G WG1 – Network 2030 SG1, ITUMirko Voltolini,Global Head of Network on Demand, Colt Technology Services,Board Member, MEFKim Krogh Andersen,SVP, Head of Global Technology Strategy & 5G Strategic Program, TelenorRui Frazao,EVP & CTO, B-Yond
- Where do you see the greatest benefits to implementing AI in the network?
- Deciding whether to implement a centralized AI architecture or specialized AI solutions for different use cases
- What are the risks and how can they best be addressed?
- What are the operational, organizational and technical challenges of implementing AI in your network?
Anil RaoPrincipal Analyst, Analysys Mason
Matteo GattaDirector Technology Strategy & Innovation, Proximus
Mostafa EssaRAN AI and Data Analytics Distinguished Engineer, Vodafone Egypt,Chair POC Rapporteurs ENI (Experimental Network Intelligence) ISG, ETSI,Chair FGML5G WG1 – Network 2030 SG1, ITU
Mirko VoltoliniGlobal Head of Network on Demand, Colt Technology Services,Board Member, MEF
Kim Krogh AndersenSVP, Head of Global Technology Strategy & 5G Strategic Program, Telenor
Rui FrazaoEVP & CTO, B-Yond
12:00 pmHype, hype and more hype. Is there more to automation and intelligence than just cost savings?Adan Pope,Chief Information Technology Officer, Ciena
- What are we trying to deliver with the networks of tomorrow?
- What new business models can be created?
- What short-term gains can be made?
- Will the cost savings live up to the hype?
12:30 pmExamining how network automation and AI are enabling new digital business models and services by utilising dataRichard Benjamins,Data & AI Ambassador, Telefonica
- Data, data, data: how can I generate value from data in our networks?
- Getting the most out of the data mountain – using AI to climb the data mountain and bring useful insights
- How can service providers leverage mobile network data to serve B2B customers and other large customers better?
- Seizing the opportunities whilst being realistic about the challenges
1:00 pmNetworking Lunch and Exhibition Visit
- BUILDING THE NETWORKS OF THE FUTURE
2:00 pmPANEL Discussion: Stopping the breach – Securing future networks with the help of AI and virtualisationPatrick Donegan,Founder & Principal Analyst, HardenStanceOliver Cantor,Associate Director, Product Strategy, VerizonAlex Leadbeater,Head of Global Obligations and Standards, BTBryn Norton,Director Solutions Architecture & Security, CenturyLinkJaya Baloo,Chief Security Officer, KPN
- How billions of internet-connected devices increase cybersecurity threats
- Building security into the network architecture of the future
- Leveraging virtualisation to distribute and automate security functions
- Combing AI and human monitors to maximise network security
- Determining how and when to leverage cybersecurity-oriented AI to secure the network
2:45 pmDelivering value and results with Automation and AI: Case StudyWenbo Cai,Head of CNBG AI Taskforce, Huawei Technologies
- Creating self-driving network architecture
- Competing with OTT companies by using predictive AI to minimize network faults
- Achieving smartification and automation of network planning, deployment, operation, maintenance, optimization, and business operations
- Business scenarios and use cases
- AUTOMATING NETWORKS & OPERATIONS
3:15 pmImplementing zero-touch automation to enable new hybrid servicesDomenico Convertino,OSS Worldwide Leader, HPE Communications & Media Solutions
- Drawing the roadmap to zero-touch automation - determining where to start
- Defining an architecture that allows the seamless interaction of automation with the underlying physical and virtual components
- What are the challenges and requirements associated with implementing and deploying zero-touch automation?
- Understanding how to automate network and service migration
- Leveraging closed-loop service assurance to optimize how the service is delivered in real-time
3:45 pmAfternoon Refreshments and Networking
4:15 pmPANEL Discussion: Intelligent network automation – paving the road to the intelligent, autonomous networks: What are the keys to success?Pierre Blanchard,President , PRBL AdvisoryShahryar Khan,Head of Automation and Systems, Transport Networks, Telia GroupMustafa Ergen,Chief Technology Advisor & Board Member, Turk TelekomMarco de Nooijer,Program Director Data and Chief Data Officer, KPNCengiz Alaettinoglu,Chief Technology Officer, Blue Planet
- How are operators building software-driven, automated and intelligent networks?
- Understanding how to incorporate AI into the network design process
- Determining the optimum AI technology mix to drive network automation?
- Designing innovative automation solutions using appropriate AI technology mix
- What are the strategic and commercial drivers for intelligent network automation?
Pierre BlanchardPresident , PRBL Advisory
Shahryar KhanHead of Automation and Systems, Transport Networks, Telia Group
Mustafa ErgenChief Technology Advisor & Board Member, Turk Telekom
Marco de NooijerProgram Director Data and Chief Data Officer, KPN
Cengiz AlaettinogluChief Technology Officer, Blue Planet
5:00 pmNext Generation Automation – a case studyVikas Kukreja,Senior VP, Head of Network Automation Center of Excellence, Smartfren
- Outlining the challenges for Mobile Network Operators
- Defining the key priorities with network automation?
- What are the main benefits of automation?
- What does the evolutionary path from manual to automated network operations look like?
- What is the ultimate goal of network automation?
March 27, 2019
8:55 amChairman’s Opening RemarksDimitris Mavrakis,Research Director, ABI Research
- AI IN THE CLOUD AND AT THE EDGE
9:00 amOpening Keynote: Harnessing the power of Cloud AI
- Exploring the symbiotic relationship between the Cloud and AI
- How are major Cloud platform providers integrating AI technologies?
- What new types of Cloud-delivered AI services are being developed and deployed?
- Making AI accessible through the Cloud by providing AIaaS (AI as a Service) to enterprise customers and developers
9:30 amKeynote PANEL: Cloud vs. Edge AI – Where is the best ROI?Dimitris Mavrakis,Research Director, ABI ResearchAxel Clauberg,VP Strategic Portfolio Management & CTO, TC Services, T-Systems International GmbH, Deutsche Telekom,Chairman, TIP (Telecom Infra Project)Patrick Lopez,VP, Networks Innovation, Telefonica,Board Member, ONF
- How does AI at the edge differ from AI in the Cloud?
- Symbiotic or mutually exclusive - is the future of the Cloud in danger as computing moves to the edge or is there a role for both?
- What are the opportunities in the Cloud and at the edge?
- Cloud vs. Edge AI - how does spending and RoI compare?
10:15 amDo you really have a choice? Incorporating automation & AI into your network evolution strategyRui Frazao,EVP & CTO, B-Yond
- Why AI is no longer an option, but a requirement for future networks
- Developing a holistic approach to AI deployment by examining the entire ecosystem
- Defining your network evolution goals to make the right AI technology choices
- Charting the network transformation path from the manual mode to AI-based autonomous mode
- Examining how to integrate AI technology into the network design process to ensure that future networks can be scaled
10:45 amMorning Refreshments and Networking
- DESIGNING FUTURE NETWORKS WITH NFV AND SDN
11:15 amA New Approach to Service Automation with Domain OrchestrationAri Banerjee,Vice President Strategy, Netcracker Technology
- How to break down silos across SDN, NFV and OSS
- Using a step by step approach towards full automation
- Changing the deployment model so you can start small and then scale
11:45 amPANEL Discussion: Taking NFV and SDN to the next level with Zero Touch, Automation, Orchestration and AIDavid Boswarthick,Director, CSC, ETSISatish Jamadagni,VP Network Planning Engineering, Reliance JioKlaus Martiny,Chair, ZSM ISG, ETSI,Senior Program Manager , Deutsche Telekom,Vice Chair, NOC, NFV ISG, ETSILuca Pesando,Standards Coordinator Technology Division, Telecom Italia
- Why automation is key to the success of the virtualized network
- Using AI and ML to drive automation in virtualized networks
- How can AI be leveraged to support the need for speed and scale in network and service orchestration?
- How will AI engines interact with automation and orchestration platforms in the future?
12:30 pmNetworking Lunch and Exhibition Visit
- HUMAN FACTORS IN BUILDING THE NETWORK OF THE FUTURE
1:30 pmAddressing the AI & Human Challenge: Augmentation is the keySasa Nijemcevic,VP & GM Network & Service Management, Nokia
- AI and automation: a human challenge more than a technical challenge
- Splitting the roles between the machines and the humans
- Addressing the skills gap – retraining skills across the ecosystem
- Enabling trust in AI
2:00 pmPANEL Discussion – Why you need to transform your business cultureChristian Maitre,Director Global Operations Transformation, Orange Group
- Understanding the impact AI will have on the organisation and the culture
- Overcoming employee distrust, concerns and resistance to ML and AI amongst employees
- How will the organization have to change to shift values and attitudes?
- Creating a culture of collaboration across siloed departments
- COLLABORATION AND ECOSYSTEM: FINDING THE RIGHT PARTNERS
2:45 pmFireside Chat: Developing strategic partnerships for AI network successLucy Lombardi,Senior Vice President, Digital & Ecosystem Innovation , Telecom Italia,Board Member, Technology Group, GSMAAndy Reid,Chief Network Services Architect, BT,Vice Chair, OSM ISG, ETSI
- Overcoming the challenges of partnering: business approaches and technical solutions
- How to successfully work with chosen partners to design and implement AI in your network
- Understanding how to successfully retain partners and their innovations
- Exploring shared investment, risk and monetization models
3:15 pmAfternoon Refreshments and Networking
3:45 pmSelecting the right AI partnersDr. Xiongyan Tan,Chief Scientist and CTO, Network Technology Research Institute , China Unicom,Chief Architect, Intelligent Network Center, China Unicom,Technical Leadership Team member, ONF
- Determining the key criteria partners need to fulfil
- Choosing a partner with an ecosystem
- To what extent are existing vendor partners able to support the introduction of AI into your networks?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of partnering with start-ups?
4:15 pmThe winner takes it all! – Leveraging automated AI in your network as a competitive differentiatorAmy Cameron,Senior Analyst, STL PartnersDr. Xiongyan Tan,Chief Scientist and CTO, Network Technology Research Institute , China Unicom,Chief Architect, Intelligent Network Center, China Unicom,Technical Leadership Team member, ONFAtul Purohit,Principal Cloud & Automation Architect , VodafoneJuan Manuel Caro,Director of Operations, Telefonica
- Why early adopters of automated AI in their networks have a competitive advantage
- Examining how early adopters among operators and OTTs are applying AI to their network operations
- Rethinking your business models to take full advantage of the opportunities create by introducing automation and AI into networks
- Translating the increased speed to insight into new innovative services
Amy CameronSenior Analyst, STL Partners
Dr. Xiongyan TanChief Scientist and CTO, Network Technology Research Institute , China Unicom,Chief Architect, Intelligent Network Center, China Unicom,Technical Leadership Team member, ONF
Atul PurohitPrincipal Cloud & Automation Architect , Vodafone
Juan Manuel CaroDirector of Operations, Telefonica