Day One (BST)
April 20, 2021
12:00 pmEXECUTIVE ROUNDTABLES
- The Network of the Future and the Future Telco
12:50 pmOpening CxO Keynote PANEL: The Future of the Telco: Business models and network strategy for successMark Newman,Chief Analyst, TM Forum & ConnectivityXChristoph Aeschlimann,CTIO, SwisscomColin Bannon,Chief Technology Officer, BT GlobalEnrique Blanco,Chief Technology & Information Officer , TelefónicaRick Hamilton,Senior Vice President, GM, Blue Planet, a division of Ciena
- Collaboration and innovation – how is the industry preparing the networks and business for the challenges of today & tomorrow?
- Driving value – assessing the ambitions of the telco today and the implications for the network
- New business models & operating models: the roadmap to growth?
- Open networking, programmability and disaggregation: what does the mean for the telco of the future?
- Hyperscale cloud providers and telcos: defining the relationship for future business models
1:30 pmZero Touch Networks: Enabling the digital service providerRick Hamilton,Senior Vice President, GM, Blue Planet, a division of Ciena
- New customers & new opportunities: realising the on-demand promise of 5G, IoT, EDGE & AI - models for success & use cases
- End-to-end service lifecycle automation: delivering operational agility, and an improved customer experience
- Accelerating innovation: Enabling a new ecosystem & engagement models
- Towards zero touch, operations: moving from exploration to deployment – what is the roadmap?
1:50 pmPANEL DISCUSSION: The intersection of Cloud, Edge, 5G, IoT and AI: the real growth opportunity?Ari Banerjee,Vice President Strategy, NetcrackerH.L. Gupta,President - Network and Service Operations, Reliance JioCharles Molapisi,Chief Technology & Information Officer (CTIO), MTN Group
- Tackling latency: Will 5G and edge computing be the cornerstone for many IoT and AI applications and devices?
- Enabling a sustainable, secure, data rich future: understanding the links between these technologies and how they can be mutually supportive
- Models for success and early use cases
- Creating the right culture and environment to integrate these new technologies into the telco DNA
- Delivering on the 5G & EDGE promise
2:10 pmPANEL DISCUSSION: Operating at the Edge: 5G & Cloud EDGE – What is the opportunity & how to embrace it?Dalia Adib,Principal Consultant & Practice Lead – Edge Computing, STL PartnersDomenico Convertino,VP of Product Management, Communications and Media Solutions (CMS), HPELester Thomas,Chief IT Systems Architect, Vodafone
- Partnership opportunities and defining the right model: how to partner?
- Pathway to automation and scale: what is the roadmap?
- Symbiotic or mutually exclusive - is the future of the Cloud in danger as computing moves to the edge or is there a role for both?
2:40 pmPANEL DISCUSSION: Delivering on 5G’s promise to drive the next industrial revolution: How to accelerate the path to zero touch 5G networks?Chris Lewis,Managing Director, Lewis InsightDr. Ibrahim Gedeon,CTO, TELUSTerje Jenson,Senior VP & Head of Global Network Architecture, Telenor
- Multi-vendor automation and transformation: the roadmap
- The role of automation in being able to offer end to end slices in 5G
- Zero touch slice lifecycle automation enabling the creation, modification, and deletion of network slices at speed
- Monitoring of different end-to-end network slices across a multi-domain 5G infrastructure
- Simplifying operations and reducing cost
- Reduce the time to market for delivering new 5G network services for your customers
- Meet customer demands, ensure customer satisfaction, reduce churn, and increase revenue with a reliable and scalable 5G network
3:10 pmPANEL DISCUSSION: Network & Service Automation – Making the promise of 5G a reality?Anil Rao,Principal Analyst, Analysys MasonNeil McRae,Managing Director & Chief Architect, BTThomas van Briel,SVP Architecture & Strategy, Deutsche TelekomStephen Spellicy,Vice President, Product Marketing & Solutions,Telco & Edge Cloud BU, VMware
- Implementing a digital operations model to manage the complexity of 5G networks: The path to success
- Automating the management of network functions across multiple clouds
- Operating and optimising 5G networks with ease whilst keeping costs low: the modern telco cloud platform
- Accelerating services, provisioning on demand and accelerating revenue: the role of automation & AI
3:40 pmRealising the 5G promise: a journey towards zero-touch operationsCarla Penedo,Cognitive Automation Senior Expert, Celfocus
- Main challenges to realising the 5G promise
- Setting the stage to enable zero-touch operations: Key Pillars
- Critical use cases and real-life experiences
- AI and automation working together for the greater good
- Intelligent Orchestration and Service Assurance
4:00 pmPANEL DISCUSSION: Service Orchestration and Assurance – evolution or revolution?James Crawshaw,Principal Analyst, OmdiaLuis Velarde Tazón,Head of Telco Cloud & Network Virtualization Architecture, Telefonica S.A
- Network Domain Orchestration: breaking down the silos between automation, SDN, NFV and OSS to an end-to-end service orchestration
- Deployment models: Is open source the right approach?
- Moving to a more service-oriented model of network operations: defining best practice
- Enabling true service innovation with scalable, agile networks that meet today’s customer demands
4:30 pmOrchestration & 5G Network Slicing: reducing operational costs, exceeding customer expectations and enabling new service revenuesMarcin Nowak,Senior Solutions Manager, Comarch
- Zero touch orchestration of network slices to support multiple 5G use-cases
- Enabling the agility to isolate and slice instantly into the network
- Operationalising 5G slicing: defining the orchestration needs of the vRAN
4:50 pmPANEL DISCUSSION: Dynamic Orchestration: driving end-to-end network automation and service orchestration across multiple domainsRoy Chua,Founder and Principal, AvidThinkThomas van Briel,SVP Architecture & Strategy, Deutsche TelekomStefan Walraven,Co-founder and CEO, Inmanta
- Accelerating new service introduction and enabling new revenue streams
- Service fulfilment – enabling new services and products to be ordered and deployed efficiently
- Transforming network and service performance through closed loop assurance and AI
- Implementing the closed loop at multiple levels in the network to dramatically address threats as well as performance and quality issues in the network
- Developing a framework for automated/policy enabled service assurance
5:20 pmEXECUTIVE ROUNDTABLES
Day Two (BST)
April 21, 2021
11:30 amEXECUTIVE ROUNDTABLES
- The Open Telco & Automation
12:30 pmKeynote CxO PANEL: The Open Telco: How do we harness the innovation required for networks of the future?Arash Ashouriha,SVP Group Technology Innovation & Deputy CTO, Deutsche TelekomMichele Gamberini,Chief Technology & Information Officer, Telecom ItaliaAmol Phadke,MD Google Cloud & Head, Global CSP Industry Solutions, GoogleNed Taleb,CEO and Founder, B-Yond
- Assessing the importance of open networking for the future of communications service providers
- O-RAN: accelerating the transition towards open and interoperable networks
- Running and maintaining the O-RAN: What are the economic benefits (OPEX) for adopting new Open RAN models – do the opex efficiencies truly deliver?
- Intelligent RAN: AI and automation in the O-RAN – what role do they play?
- How O-RAN and existing RAN co-exist: assessing the challenges for automation
- Managing the vendor ecosystem and assessing the role of AI/ML: Accountability issues with end-to-end network performance
- Integration and interoperability challenges: the role of the system integrators in the automation strategy
1:00 pmNext-Gen Automation: Agile and dynamic networks as a serviceRikard Kjellberg,Chief Operating Officer, B-Yond
- Assessing the business models and the role of automation
- Are networks and IT systems able to open to APIs & what about the legacy?
- Telco as a service: achieving scalability, efficiency and control
- Ecosystem models: co-creating and collaborating to drive value
- Automation & AI: Operational Transformation
1:20 pmPANEL DISCUSSION: Managing the Networks of the Future: How to leverage AI and AutomationPatrick Kelly,Founder, Partner, and Principal Analyst, Appledore Research GroupMichael Fränkle,Executive Vice President and CTO, TDC NETBradley Mead,Head of Network Managed Services, EricssonRandeep Singh Sekhon,Chief Technology Officer, Airtel
- Transformation to be a digital service provider: keys to success
- Navigating the operational complexity and challenges with 5G
- Integrating AI and Automation into the DNA of the business: people, culture, competency
- Ensuring AI & data are at the core of the transformation model
- Identifying the next phase for operating the networks of the future
1:50 pmOrange Case Study: AI to develop smarter networks and enhance operational efficiencyEmmanuel Lugagne-Delpon,CTO, Orange Group Networks
- Positioning AI and data at the heart of the innovation model: smarter networks, greater operating efficiency and reinventing customer experience.
- Establishing the right capabilities – human + AI model
- Creating the right environment to integrate AI into the DNA
- Using AI to bring value to every phase of the network lifecycle from planning and design to smart maintenance and security
- Operational AI – moving from concept to implementation: keys to success
- Strategic partnerships – the role of cloud hyperscalers
- Lessons learnt and next steps
2:10 pmPANEL DISCUSSION: The Future Telco – Transforming the way we run our businesses through automationR. Scott Raynovich,Founder and Chief Analyst, FuturiomSandeep Gupta,EVP Network Strategy & Architecture, AirtelThomas Martensson,Director of Network Service Management,, Telia CompanyChris Wade,CTO, Itential
- Moving from a telco cloud native to an autonomous network – how do we get there?
- How do we bring this to the next level & where do we focus?
- Defining the role of AI/ML: what is the vision?
- Assessing the challenges to operate and maintain
- The impact of the radical shift in network architecture
2:40 pmTelefonica Case Study: Automation Now: next generation operating models for the telco of the futureJuan Manuel Caro,Director Operations Transformation, Telefonica
- Open & programmable networks to deliver on-demand sliced based services to the customer: establishing the framework
- Operational transformation: accelerating the adoption of automation and AI
- Enabling agility with a DevOps-oriented culture: new skills and shifting the mindset
- The role of the vendor and assessing TCO
- Maintaining the network while we transform: keys to success
3:00 pmPANEL DISCUSSION: New Operations Models: accelerating the journey to zero touch automationGeorge Glass,Chief Technology Officer , TM ForumDima Alkin,VP of Service Assurance Solutions, TeocoBader A. Allhieb,Vice President of Operation Sector, STCBrian King,SVP & Chief Operations Officer, Technology, T-Mobile USA
- Defining the roadmap for operational transformation
- In the promised future 5G and ‘sliceable’ networks, what should network operations look like?
- What is the optimum organisational model and where does accountability for AI/Automation activities sit within a modern Telco?
- Embracing openness and promoting open platforms where APIs and data is accessible by multiple processes
- Moving towards scalable & cloud native network services delivery
- Towards Autonomous Networks
3:30 pmSponsor Panel session TBC
3:50 pmPANEL DISCUSSION: Autonomous Networks – Enabling the future of the telco industry?Amy Cameron,Principal Analyst, STL PartnersMattias Fridström,Chief Evangelist, Telia CarrierHwa-Jung Han,Director SDN Technology, Architecture, and Planning, VerizonTeresa Monteiro,Director Solution Marketing, Software and Automation, InfineraFrancesca Serravalle,Emerging Technology Director, Colt Technology Services
- New customers & new opportunities: realising the promise of 5G, IoT, EDGE & ML/AI with autonomous networks - models for success & use cases
- Collaboration, Co-opetition & Co-creation: Accelerating innovation: Developing a new ecosystem engagement model
- Assessing the role of the vendor, operator and hyperscaler in a world of open networking
- Addressing the heterogeneous network: The evolution of legacy to autonomous networking
Amy CameronPrincipal Analyst, STL Partners
Mattias FridströmChief Evangelist, Telia Carrier
Hwa-Jung HanDirector SDN Technology, Architecture, and Planning, Verizon
Teresa MonteiroDirector Solution Marketing, Software and Automation, Infinera
Francesca SerravalleEmerging Technology Director, Colt Technology Services
4:20 pmEtisalat Case Study: Towards Autonomous Network – strategy to create a more agile and on-demand adaptive network
- Assessing the changing customer expectations: lessons learnt
- Forging a path to create one of the world’s most adaptive and self-optimising networks
- Accelerating new service introduction and delivery: transforming the transport network with end-to-end service automation deployment
- Integrating with existing OSS inventory and automation systems to execute closed loop automation
4:40 pmCLOSING KEYNOTE CxO InterviewMark Newman,Chief Analyst, TM Forum & ConnectivityXTareq Amin,Group Executive Vice President, CTO, Rakuten, Inc.,,